Help for local people in need
Five Ways You Can Make a Difference Today:
1. Join RISE-UP, a new social services group offering food, clothing, furniture, wellness programs, counseling services, and job training skills to locals.
RISE UP is an acronym: Rockaway Interfaith Services to Empower the Underprivileged and Powerless. For more info, go to www.riseupnj.org
2. Bring non-perishable food items to stock the Rockaway Food Pantry. The shelves are getting bare...we need your support. Bring food to be deposited in our church's collection bin (right near the front door)
3. Put socks in the Box. Look for the big box in the back of our worship area(sanctuary). Simply bring brand new tube socks and other warm socks for our needy neighbors.
4. Go to Our "Helping Hands Board" also located in the back of our worship area(sanctuary). There will be an up-to-date list of specific items our neighbors need throughout the year.
5. Bring laundry detergent, dryer sheets, warm blankets and comforters which are collected in our coat closet and in our Sunday School wing to support the local efforts of "Laundry Love" .